Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Jackson trip + 2 knots

Stephen, Maddox, and I left Augusta late Thursday afternoon and drove to Jackson for the weekend. We had several meetings to go to on Friday for the business. Wow... it was fast and busy, but we had a very successful trip so it was worth it. We also got to slip in some time with our families!


On Friday, Maddox fell into a door facing at Katie's and his head blew up to the size of a golf ball within 10 seconds. Of course my husband, who deals with the face as his specialty, was in a meeting at the time. I knew that if the knot goes out that it's a good sign, but we were concerned at the speed that it grew. So... Katie, Rett, Maddox, and I headed to the doctor's office. Of course everything was fine. Dr. Ellison said that he hit right on an artery which caused the fast rate of swelling. Well.... if that isn't enough head trauma for a week he hit the other side tonight. He was reaching down to pick up a ball and hit it on the arm of an iron bench. Below you can see his matching knots! Needless to say... I have forfeited my Mother of the Year award once again. Maybe I'll try again in 2009!!!!!!!


The night of the "big fall"!


The next day... much better mood!

He just wanted both sides to match!

"The boys"

Rett was feeling the need to rub "Maddis's" head.

3 comments:

Dawn Lampkin said...

Poor baby~ glad you had a good trip, we can't wait to have y'all back here!

Susie said...

ouch! sounds like my little bruiser!

stacy seago said...

So sad...but if Stephen is anything like DAvid, he says...oh, he's fine! I guess because they see it all day, but Mommas don't. I totally thought MG needed stitched, but Daddy was so calm about the whole thing. Loveya'll.
Stacy