Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 11, 2007

FIRST HAIRCUT!

After EVERYONE we've encounter EVERYWHERE we go calling Maddox a girl I decided it was time to get his first haircut. Here are some comments we have heard recently:
1. She is so cute! (wearing a blue and green frog jon jon)
2. Would she like to play with the cars? (wearing a baseball jon jon)
3. Are you trying to get that for her? (wearing a blue and white sear sucker outfit)
4. How old is she? (wearing a blue jon jon with airplanes on it)
5. many, many, many more!

I have put this off and put this off because I was afraid he would look too much like a "big boy" and not a baby anymore. Someone told us of a haircutting place here in Augusta called YAMS: haircuts for your sweet potatoes. I decided yesterday that we would try it out today. I worried all morning that they were going to mess his beautiful hair up and that he might not sit long enough for them to do a good job. When we got there the seats are airplanes and cars. He immediately wanted to get in the car. They put a Barney movie in for him, another girl blew bubbles at him, and they gave him a sucker. He did GREAT! He LOVED it! The girl that cut his hair did such a good job and I don't think he looks much older. He looks a little like Dennis the Menace (which fits his personality perfectly)! Now that it's cut I realize how much he needed it. Here some pictures of our adventure this morning!

The two top pictures are before and the last one is after. I know you can't tell much by the before picture, but put it this way... he sort of had a mullet!

7 comments:

The Bucklers said...

He looks just darling! I hate seeing those precious blonde locks disappear, but the cut looks really cute!!

Susie said...

maddox is looking good! my sister in law goes to yamms all the time! it is such a great idea! i wish macon had one!

Unknown said...

Awww, he looks so cute!

Unknown said...

Just had to tell you, you've been tagged! :)

Dawn Lampkin said...

Too cute- I loved the Dennis the Menace comment!

Rachel said...

Maddox is so precious...you could give him a mohawk and he would still be cute!! Looks like it was fun:)

stacy seago said...

He looks soooo precious E!!! I love the video too! I feel like I'm in the car with ya'll....the voice sounds pretty good singin'.