Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Dad

I begin my day with a saddened heart. One year ago today my dad passed away. I am experiencing so many emotions and thoughts so I thought I would just put it simply.


Dear Dad,

I have missed you terribly in the last year. Although I wish you could be here I thank God each day that you haven't had to be in pain anymore. I know that you are watching over us and are so very proud of your wife, your children, and grandchildren. I look forward to the day when I can see you again in Heaven.

All my love,
Emily


Shortly after he passed away I ran across this little paragraph and I thought it was so powerful.

God saw you getting tired, a cure was not meant to be. So He put His arms around you and He whispered, "come to me." With tearful eyes we watched, as you passed away and although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands now rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.

6 comments:

Dawn Lampkin said...

Em-
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

love-
Dawn

The Bucklers said...

Emily ~ You know we are thinking about and praying for all of you today, and every day. I know how difficult that "year of firsts" is, and you have been an amazing example as a Christian with unending faith, as a supportive and loving daughter and sister, and in so many other ways. I have the joy of seeing God work through you every day and know that YOU are one of His miracles ~ your Daddy would be so proud of you! I know he IS proud as he watches from above. We love you!!

Susie said...

emily- i have been thinking of you all day and praying for you and your family. i share your tears and grief. i pray that the Lord will draw you close this day as you remember your Dad. Much love to you- Susie

Jenny said...

i know this must be a bittersweet day for you---sad that he isn't here, but thankful that he's not suffering. he's resting peacefully with his savior. that's comforting on days like today. thinking of you.

stacy seago said...

Just got in from New York...I know this day was bittersweet, but know that our Heavenly Father is holding you up! HE loves you more than you can imagine!! I am proud of you, my friend!

The Segrest Family said...

emily, thinking of you this week... i know your daddy is so proud of you! and what joy that you know you will see him again someday!!!!!!