Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Maddox's Weekend!

I guess you could say this weekend was all about Maddox! We didn't intend for it to be that way... it just happened. It started out Friday night with Alli and Addie Dayne coming over for dinner and playtime. All three of them ended up in playing Maddox's bed! Addie Dayne is learning some great tricks from Alli and Maddox!


Then Saturday began with a several hour trip to the pool. You have all read about our pool trips and it was just as exciting as always! While at the pool Stephen decided he wanted to take Maddox to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and playtime. Now.. I have taken Maddox to CEC and he had soooo much fun so I was good with this decision. After an afternoon nap we headed over to CEC. When we got there everyone in Augusta had made the same decision we had.... it was a packed house! Even with all the people Maddox was able to climb, dance, take his picture with Chuck, and ride on a few of the rides. He had a blast!

Then came today... Maddox's first trip to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus! Unfortunately, this wasn't the "big" circus so the only animals were horses and dogs. It didn't bother Maddox at all.... he was mesmerized!

Later on Stephen and I heard this giggling coming from the den. When we got in there Maddox was putting his new clown hat on Lexie and was laughing so hard at her! Sweet Lexie lets him do almost anything to her! I taped this not only to show how sweet she is, but to listen to that precious laughter coming out of Maddox's mouth! (Push the play button to begin the video!)

It didn't matter how many people were at CEC or that there were no elephants, lions, or tigers at the circus! As long as Maddox is having fun and learning new things that is what counts. We are blessed that God trusts us to raise His sweet son! Oh... how we love this little boy!

10 comments:

Dawn Lampkin said...

Looks like y'all were busy- I'll bet everyone slept good Sunday night! Have a great week!

Ashley said...

We did the circus Saturday afternoon at 3:00 and Logan loved it, too. I am glad that you guys had a wonderful weekend!

The Bucklers said...

Well, I should've known you'd beat me to the punch! I was just thinking I needed up update with pool and circus pictures from this weekend! :) I love the video; I have one of Alli I want to put on there, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it yet. What a precious post!!

Susie said...

what a fun weekend! maddox is too cute! i loved hearing him laugh. it is priceless!

Susie said...

oh, i also love your music on here! i've never heard of dave barnes. i really liked it!

The Segrest Family said...

i love love love that video! it made me laugh out loud!

aletha scott & rick said...

Hi Emily! Maddox is so precious & is definitely going to be a heart breaker one day! I think he looks like you:) I am so impressed w/ the savvy blog…it is so much fun to see what Maddox is up to on a regular basis! I hate we missed each other @ the beach too….maybe we will catch you all in Jackson or at a football game. Take care, asp

Rachel said...

Emily...
Hey girl! I saw your name on Susie's blog comments and decided to follow the rabbit trail to find you! So glad I did...your blog is precious and little Maddox is a doll. My mom said she enjoyed seeing you at Shotts' shower...so wish I could have been there:( Well, I am so glad to know that you are doing well! The Lord has truly blessed you with a beautiful family! Much love---Rachel Primos

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

Hey Emily. It's Story. I love your blog! I love keeping up with everyone! I hope you are all doing great.

stacy seago said...

How FUNNY!! Bryant is sitting in my lap laughing at Maddox! I love it!!!
STacy