Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Augusta Friends

Well.... Maddox and I are finally in Augusta and glad to be back with Stephen and all of our friends here! We have had a busy week! Britt and I hosted a Brinkley's Berries children's clothes show for two days and two nights. It was so much fun and we think we did really good as far as sales go for our first time! If you have never heard of Brinkley's Berries check it out: www.brinkleysberries.com!


While in Augusta Stephen and I have developed some great friendships- as a couple and as individuals. Life for us in the past 4 years has been pretty "simple" and this time next year we will have stepped into the "real world" and things won't be so simple. These friends that we have made along the way have all been in our same situations... resident salaries, raising young children, being away from family, etc. I guess you could say that reality has finally set in this week that this is our last year here. I got so sad and told my friends that they had to do something with me as much as they can for the next year (I know that is a lot of being around me, but oh well.)! So.... we had some friends over last night for dinner. Below are some pictures from our evening. I put which department their husbands are in so you can see how we are all spread out in the hospital...

(l to r): Kelly Carr (psych), Me (OMFS), Elizabeth Gregg (orthopedic surgery), & Britt Buckler (pediactric residency/ NICU fellow)

Alli Buckler & Maddox

These two are like brother and sister. They are 1 month & 1 day shy of being exactly 1 year apart. Maddox is going to miss Alli so much when we leave!

2 comments:

The Bucklers said...

Cute pictures! I LOVE the one of Alli and Maddox. Alli will definitely need therapy when yall leave ~ her second mom and dad AND her "brother" (even if she did call him "Maggots" for a year). In fact, we may not let you go!!

The Segrest Family said...

precious kiddos! alli's hair is so cute!