Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

First: I've been trying to post since yesterday (as you can tell by the date) and Blogger isn't letting me put in pictures. I am so aggravated so I'm posting this and will add pictures later!

The bottom line: Maddox is obssessed with Stephen! The minute Stephen walks in the door from work Maddox wants to be WHEREEVER he is. He drops me like a bad habit- doesn't even act like I exist!! It is so sweet to watch the two of the interacting. Stephen, thank you for being such a wonderful father! You are truly a blessing!

We joined the Family Y a couple of weekends ago and that is where Stephen wanted to spend Father's Day afternoon. They have an awesome pool area! There are 3 different pools and a "water park" with 10 or so different types fountains. Maddox is in full speed the entire time- great excercise for us!

We took Maddox on his first trip to the zoo Saturday! It was quit interesting- he LOVED it! He wanted to get in the water that surrounded the monkeys because he thought it was a really big swimming pool. We had to pry his hands off the railing and carry him out of the zoo kicking and SCREAMING!!

Yesterday was very bittersweet for me. The day was fun celebrating with Stephen, but it was also sad. It is the first Father's Day without my dad. He passed away 11 months ago and all of the "firsts" have been VERY hard. I am blessed to have such a wonderful father and many wonderful memories to cherish always!

0 comments: