Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

Video Troubles

I have tried and tried to download a video of Maddox doing the hand motions to The Itsy Bitsy Spider, but have had no luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! I'm so frustrated!!!!

Maddox has had a little trouble in speech department. He is a little delayed in talking- he babbles continuously having great little conversations with himself that are a bunch of initial consonant and vowel sounds. BUT... in the last month he started saying: Dada, Mama, dog, ball, m (for milk), bu (for bird), and uh-oh (that's my favorite)! We are so excited! He is now going to speech therapy so hopefully before long he will be saying a lot more!

I started introducing Maddox to sign language around 6 months old. He signed back for the first time at 10 months and the only sign he would do was dog. He didn't sign again until 13 months and hasn't stopped since. He can sign the following words: dog, eat, more, daddy, bird, monkey, fish, milk, thank you, please, banana, apple, water, car, baby, book, rabbit, sleep, shoes, and ball. Of course we think he is so smart!

2 comments:

Todd, Story and Hudson said...

I'm so proud of you! You are such a good momma! I teach my Sunday school class sign language all of the time. Keep up the great work - sounds like you have a SMART little boy!

The Nelsons said...

Have you tried Googlevideo? That works great for me and it even saves and organizes your videos (and you can make them private where internet strangers can't view them)