Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lots Going On!!!!!

We have been MIA from the blogging world for a month now! YIKES! It is not because there is a lack of things to blog on it's because there has been too much going on to stop and blog! I am going to attempt to blog in chronological order.

***Warning: Several Posts****

On April 21st two very big prayers were answered for us. We got a contract on our house and we found out we were pregnant with Baby #2. We were overjoyed, but I had a feeling like all of this was too good to be true. These were two HUGE things that Lord blessed us with and I just couldn't get over it. Being a Christian, I know that there really is no such thing, but I couldn't help feeling that way. I was having major pregnancy symptoms and already taking Zofran and Nexium. I blew up like a giant balloon in 2 short weeks and already was uncomfortable in my regular clothes. I was only 4 weeks along at this point.

I had already started packing our house a couple of weeks before so I turned it up a notch and really got to packing. We were going to close on May 21st. Let me back track by saying we also found a house in Madison and were closing on it on May 22nd. We were having a great time packing up, spending lots of time with friends, and enjoying life. Mother's Day weekend rolled around and my sweet friend Britt had given me a gift certificate for a half a day at the spa and she would join me. We did that on Saturday. That night Stephen and I were watching TV and I told him that I felt like something wasn't right with this baby. On Mother's Day I told the say thing to Britt. My first ultrasound and doctors appointment was scheduled for Wednesday so thankfully I wasn't having to wait too long.

Wednesday rolls around and it's time for my ultrasound. I should be 6 weeks and 6 days at this point. When the tech does the ultrasound she begins questioning my timing. She says I am measuring 5 weeks with a sack but nothing in it (which is normal at only 5 weeks). I knew right then that I had miscarried because I knew EXACTLY how far along I should have been. I asked her is that what that meant and she said not always. Well... she was just being nice. I then went to see my OB and she confirmed that I had miscarried and we scheduled my D&C for Friday.

We were heartbroken, but it's amazing to me how God works. I never had any doubts while pregnant with Maddox, but I never felt right about this pregnancy. As hard as it was, I was almost prepared for the bad news. What also amazes me is God's timing. There is a season for everything and one of those is mourning. I did my mourning between Wednesday and Friday and by Friday night I had to get back to packing. I had so much to distract me that I really didn't have time to sit around and be sad. Even though this was hard for us, the situation could have been a lot worse and we're thankful for how things did happen. We are now praying that I can have another successful pregnancy and another sweet child like Maddox.

Now with the fun stuff!! While were packing Maddox found Stephen's bike under the house and became obsessed with it. Stephen had to take packing breaks to ride Maddox up and down the street. Please don't call DFACS on us (no helmet and riding on the middle bar)!

5 comments:

stacy seago said...

E~ I'm so sorry to hear that! I had no idea..... I'm so glad God is our God of Peace!!
CAn't wait to come see ya'll !!!
Welcome HOme....
STac

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage, but I am so inspired by your amazing attitude and faith through it all. I pray God will bless you again soon.
And that house is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

Mysti Chustz said...

Emily, what a sweet testimony of God's faithfulness to your family!! Even during times of difficulty it is so great to know that our God is the God of perfect timing! Will continue to pray for ya'll and for another precious baby Greer~
So excited ya'll are back home- We are so close, we should get the boys together to play!!

The Segrest Family said...

Emily, i am so sorry for your loss - i know how you feel, i had two miscarriages before camp - but PRAISE the LORD that He provided 'distractions' so that you would be able to focus on your sweet life in HIm and not be too sad =)
we really should get our monkeys together to play! love the house!

Unknown said...

Emily,

I feel so out of the loop since little Ava Claire came along. Travis and I were heart broken to read this blog message. You, Stephen, & Maddox will be in our thoughts & prayers. Good luck with the new practice and the new home! Your house looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to see inside pics! The first picture you posted looks a little like our new home in Rock Hill, SC. ;-) Love You All!

~Steph & Travis Ansley