Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To My Sweet Boy!

It's 3:30 a.m. on February 14, 2006. I wake up thinking I need to use the restroom and as soon as I make it there my water breaks. Wait... this can't be... he's not due until the 25th and I've actually been feeling good! I yell at Stephen from the restroom that my water has broken and he jolts out of bed and starts going in cirlces saying, "What, what, what do we need to do? What are you saying". After he wakes up he decides to take a shower while I tidy up the house. I know Stephen's parents are coming and staying at our house so it has to be clean, of course! I decided not to take a shower because I didn't think it would be 36 hours before I got to have one. What did I know.... first time mom... not very smart! We arrive at the hospital at 5:30 to find out I'm ONLY 1 cm dilated... WHAT... and that my body was really not ready to be in labor. I got my epidural at 10:30 at only 3 cm dilated. We watch the hours go by, and by, and by, and... It's 10:00 p.m. and my doctor decides it's time to start pushing. I push, and push, and push..... for 2.5 hours. It's 12:45 and the vaccuum comes out... Maddox is stuck! 12:56: With another try from the vaccum and one good push out he comes! What a miracle! What a blessing!

This precious gift from God has blessed our lives in more ways than we can count. We have been given the awesome responsibility of being his parents. Our cup runeth over!!!!

February 15, 2006

February 15, 2007

February 15, 2008

5 comments:

The Jasper Family said...

HOPE MADDOX HAD A TERRIFIC 2ND BIRTHDAY. WE CAN'T WAIT UNTIL Y'ALL ARE BACK IN TOWN SO WE CAN CELEBRATE IT WITH HIM EVERY YEAR!!

The Bucklers said...

Well, *we* are jealous of the Jasper Family, who will get to celebrate with y'all every year once you return to Jackson!! We feel so blessed to have been there at the hospital the night he was born and to help welcome him to the world...to have celebrated his 1st and 2nd birthdays with you all...to have been his "second parents" here in Augusta. Every moment has been treasured, and Brad and I would claim Maddox as our very own! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET BOY!!! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Dawn Lampkin said...

Happy Late Birthday Maddox, ditto the Jasper's comment :)

stacy seago said...

Happy Birthday Maddox! Can't believe you are 2! Such a big boy!

christina polk said...

Happy Birthday Maddox!! I hope that you had a great day!!