Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Pappy" Free!!!!

I'm proud to announce that Maddox is now pappy (pacifier) free! Saturday night I looked at Stephen and said, "It's time. We're starting tomorrow!". While Maddox was eating breakfast Sunday I took the pacifier and cut a slit down the middle. When he asked for it we acted shocked and told him it was broken. The look of confusion on his face was priceless! He only put it in his mouth about 10 minutes all day but held it in his hand. He took his nap and went slept that night without a fuss, but pappy in hand. When he was eating his breakfast Monday morning, I cut almost the entire nipple off. He didn't really ask for it. He saw it on the counter and once again we told him it was broken. He just looked at it strangely, but didn't want it all. He took his nap and slept last night without it! He did wake up once in the night and Stephen went to check on him. When he came back to bed he said Puppy Dog (Maddox's companion) was soaking wet. So, instead of sucking a pacifier he was sucking on Puppy Dog's ear. YIPPEEEEE!!! As much as I dreaded it, I think this may have been the easiest thing we have done since he was born!

4 comments:

Dawn Lampkin said...

Yeah Maddox, do you have any suggestions on getting Sara Kennedy to stop sucking her thumb? :) I wish we could "take it away."

The Bucklers said...

Congrats on being pappy free!! I know it must have been tough to do, but I am proud of you for 'just doing it'! By the way, your pediatrician is proud, too!! :) Of course we are so proud of Maddox for being such a BIG BOY!!!

The Rutherford Family said...

Emily, this is Amanda Bullock, now Rutherford. I have kept up with your blog from Susie and finally decided to join the blogging world. I wanted to tell you and stephen, that Maddox is adorable. He is so cute. Congrats on no Pappy. Jake is a thumb sucker an has a blanket. How hard is that going to be? Anyway, I just want to say hi!! Check my blog and you can see "mini me". Stay in touch.
Amanda

The Rutherford Family said...

I forgot, Susie said that you help design her banner. I ordered photoshop is that how you can do it. Or can you give me some advice on how to do one. Still learning the ropes of all of this.
Amanda